Monday, December 11, 2006

Who Is Terence?

I've been asked to talk a little bit about who I am and what I'm doing with this blog.

I suffered off and on from depression from before puberty until my early thirties, with periods of suicidal thoughts. I have tried treatments ranging from therapy to drugs to prayer to exercise to pets to, most effective for me, belief in myself. I'm amazed to this day that a disease that has had such a profound effect upon my life was able to insinuate itself without me noticing.

Depression Stinks is my way of giving a gift to other victims. I know that this disease can be conquered and I want to help others find the right way for them.

Depression is a disease that encourages solitude, and I hope that this blog makes people realize that they're not alone. I also welcome contributors to share their own experiences and viewpoints in posts of their own as well as comments; there is no one correct treatment any more than there is just one way to suffer from this insidious disease.

1 comment:

Jason Castro said...

This is a very informative blog. I've bookmarked your blog! I'll sure come back later.