Sunday, December 21, 2008

Boy, is this ever a tough blog to keep up! When you're fully depressed, you don't want to right, and when you're fully well, you really can't explain much about how depression feels anymore. The best state of mind, it turns out, is that slightly annoyed and angry space.

Maybe this blog should be less about the disease and more about just letting sufferers rant? I'm not sure yet, but if you have an idea you'd like to share I'm certainly open to ways to keeping this running. I'll keep plugging along as best I can in the meantime, though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are absolutely right about it being hard to write about depression when you're "up." I also find it hard to write about it when I'm depressed because it seems that my writing at that point is so self-indulgent. Writing in that state of mind often ends up merely feeding my depression rather than getting it out of my system.

I was in a terrible state this past Sunday. When I sat down to write about it, it only made me feel worse. I often find that vigorous exercise and/or tidying my house helps more than anything. Being around people sometimes helps--though it sometimes makes it worse, i.e. I'll feel as if I'm bringing everyone else down and that makes me feel like an even bigger loser.

When I get depressed, the only thing I can do is keep busy and ride it out.

I do wonder what causes my depressive states. This weekend, I was fine until Saturday night, and then--CRASH. I eat way too much sugar during the week at work, and I had none all day Sunday. That is a possible factor. Certainly, there are life-issues for me right now that affect my mind-set. However, this Sunday really threw me for a loop. I'm fine, now. Baffling, how depression sets in and then mysteriously goes away.